One of the key players of Bangkok’s Best Restaurants is Tables Grill at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. Since its opening in late 2009 it has become the city’s first traditional French restaurant offering table-side cooking. No sooner has the customer made their selection and the raw quality ingredients are presented at the table then cooked table side a la minute.
Story & Photos by Wanida Tardivel
We recently had the chance to revisit the Grand Hyatt and their new a la carte dishes created by new Chef De Cuisine, Hans Zahner. With years of experience working in Michelin-starred restaurants in France and around the world, he also had the chance to work with Chef Alain Ducasse at Alain Ducasse Au Plaza Athénée in Hôtel Plaza Athénée – Paris.
Chef Hans designs unique culinary journey from Paris to Bangkok, combining French techniques and recipes with worldly flair, rich in flavours yet refreshing from now onwards at Tables Grill.
We did experience his 5 course menu, it was superb!
- Brittany Blue Lobster and Spinach – 36-Month-Aged Comté, Tasmanian Black Truffle. It was amazing taste, subtle flavor and texture.
- Brittany Royal Sea Bass Tartare – Kristal Caviar, Water Carrot Jelly, Moulin du Calanquet Olive Oil. It was so refreshing!
- Confit Wild New Zealand Salmon – Tasmanian Black Truffle, Zucchini, Hormardine Sauce. It was perfect for me, healthy and light.
- Roasted Australian Lamb – Grass-Fed Farmed Tenderloin, Carrot Mille-Feuille, Cumin Sauce. Remarkable dish, lamb cooked perfectly, tender and juicy. Amazing Carrot Mille-Feuille, we did enjoy the natural sweetness, flavors and texture in this dish.
Chef Hans focuses on classic dishes in modern way and healthy spin. Combining local ingredients with his own creative French culinary techniques. The cuisine that is less rich, lighter, more refreshed and updated to fit the expectations of diners and fits into the present lifestyle.
Cant finish the meal without cheeses!
- Artisan Cheese Selection by Bernard Antony
- Lemon and Rhubarb – Lemon Cream, Raspberry Coulis, Hazelnut Crumble, Rhubarb Sorbet
The service was warm and attentive with various staff members checking in on us making sure we were enjoying ourselves and making sure our glasses were never empty. The various courses served were overall outstanding, with clean plates and amazing flavors.
Tables Grill new a la carte menu highlights includes Pigeon cannelloni and Vietnamese Consommé THB 1,200++ and Lobster Bisque and Ravioli THB 800++. The new a la carte menu also includes Wagyu Beef Tartare and Black Truffle THB 1,000++, Atlantic Sea Bass Cooked in Clay THB 2,000++, Australian M5 Wagyu Tomahawk 1.5 kg THB 5,600++, Brittany Coast Sole Meuniere THB 2,200++, and Roasted Baby Pork Tenderloin THB 1,500++
Degustation menu with all new five-course at the price of THB 2,900++ per person and THB 3,900++ for seven-course
Opens daily from 18.00 – 22.00 Hrs.
Address: 494 Rajdamri Road | Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Direction by BTS: Chidlom station
For more information, please call +66 2254 6250 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.tablesgrill.com