In a move to embrace the abundant harvests from the land and sea of Thailand, hotels within the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio in the country launches a six-month dining promotion centered on local ingredients. From July through December 2016, local and globe-trotting epicureans can enjoy the culinary innovations made with the freshest locally-sourced ingredients by the master chefs at participating restaurants and Food & Beverage outlets in all Hilton Worldwide hotels in Thailand.
“Well known for its natural beauty and fascinating cultures, Thailand is also rich in natural resources and agricultural heritage. This dining promotion, which underscores the creativity of our chefs, is a celebration of the quality and diversity of the produce harvested in Thailand,” said William Costley, vice president of operations, South East Asia & India.
All eight hotels operating under Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts and DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels & Resorts brands across Thailand will feature specific local ingredients each month.
To start, Big Prawns and Green-Lip Mussels delivered fresh from the Gulf of Thailand and Surat Thani province will take center stage in July for its popularity as the must-have seafood on celebratory menus to commemorate special occasions in Thailand. The delicious creations to savor next month include the Thai Moules-Frites from Café@2 at Conrad Bangkok, the Grilled Prawns Betel Leaves served with Spicy Peanut Sauce from Flare restaurant at Hilton Pattaya and the Deep Fried Prawn & Crispy Cracker, Spicy Suratthani’s Green-Lip Mussels & Wing bean with Onsen-egg salad from Dee lite restaurant at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok.
The locally-sourced ingredients for the following months are:
- Pomegranates from Samut Sakhon in August
Riding on the healthy, wholesome dining trend in Thailand, chefs will create new ways of including this touted super food into their dishes.
- Phuket Lobsters from the south of Andaman sea in September
Known as Thailand’s ‘King of Seafood’, the Phuket lobster, a must-eat when on the island, will be prepared in different styles at all eight Hilton hotels throughout the month.
- Nam-Dok-Mai Mangoes from Suphan Buri in October
This native produce of Thailand, also known as Thai Golden Honey Mangoes, is one of the most popular fruits in the country. Besides being featured in the traditional dessert, guests can look forward to innovative dishes that will celebrate this golden fruit.
- Lotus from Pathum Thani in November
From its blooms and petals to its shoots and stems, the beautiful lotus plant which is very much a part of the Thai cuisine and culture, will take the spotlight through the new creations by the chefs.
- Strawberries from Chiang Mai in December
Seasonal and only in the cooler months of the year, strawberries harvested from the northern cities and the Royal Project foundations in Chiang Mai will make a sweet and succulent finale to this six-month dining festive.
During the promotion, Hilton Premium Club members can take advantage of dining benefits at participating restaurants. Upon presenting the membership card, diners will be entitled to:
- 25% discount on the total food bill when dining alone, 50% discount when dining with one guest, 33% discount when dining with two guests, 25% discount when dining with three guests and 20% discount when dining with four to 19 guests
- 20% discount on beverages in all bars and lounges at all participating hotels excluding Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok.
For enquiries and dining reservations, guests may contact:
- Conrad Bangkok, email@example.com, T: +66-(0)2-690-9999
- Conrad Koh Samui, firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +66-(0)77-915-888
- DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit, email@example.com, T: +66-(0)2-649-6666
- Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +66-(0)2-620-6666
- Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, email@example.com, T: +66-(0)32-538-999
- Hilton Pattaya, firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +66-(0)38-253-000
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, email@example.com, T: +66-(0)76-396-433
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok, firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +66-(0)2-442-2000