Built in 1814, there are many historical structures and artifacts within this temple compound. The large Ubosot or ordination hall itself is over 150 years old. Inside is a laterite Buddha image. A square Chedi, or pagoda, is built in the style of the Ayutthaya period and stands in front of the Ubosot. Another seven Dharma Chedis, built in 1872, and are encircled by a wall. Meanwhile, in the monks’ residence, a mural created during the reign of King Rama II depicts a battle between the Siamese and the Burmese.Wat Bang KhaeYai is located on the bank of the Mae Klong River, at the mouth of the Bang Khae Canal in TambonKhwaeOm. To get there, take Highway 325 (SamutSongkhram–Bang Phae) and turn left to cross the Phra Si Suriyen Bridge. Then, turn right onto Highway 3062 for about 2 kilometers, past WatPhummarinKudi Thong. Wat Bang KhaeYai will be visible at this point. Please note that advance permission is required for entry.